today I have for you a simple and delicious mushroom gravy recipe! full of umami!
you will need
- Mushrooms of your choice (I used 6-7 shiitake and 1/2 a bunch of shimeji but shiitake and enoki would also be good)
- about 2 tbsp of oil, or enough to generously fry the mushrooms in
- about 1 tbsp of pastry flour
- about 2 tbsp of soy sauce, more or less (your preference)
- half a cup of hot water--add to taste
1. Chop mushrooms as finely or as coarsely as you would like and fry in the oil until soft.
2. There should be oil left in the pan, so if there isn't add some more, and then sprinkle on the flour and mix well. Add the soy sauce and a bit of water soon after. Stir constantly until the sauce reaches a smooth consistency
3. Add more water, stir, and simmer until the sauce reaches the desired thickness and flavour